CSF and WML’s Rights and Governance program area is dedicated to restoring and protecting the tenets articulated in the US Constitution.
We are especially focused on the areas of:
- Dissent – Protecting and advancing the rights to free speech and assembly.
- Open Government – Making the federal government more transparent, effective, and accountable.
- Rule of Law – Ensuring that US national security policies respect constitutional rights, domestic laws, and international treaties.
- The Constitution and the Courts – Building a progressive legal movement to counter conservative and corporate influence.
In the realm of international governance, CSF and WML have also long funded in the area of:
- Trade – Making the rules of global commerce more democratic, just, and sustainable.